My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good News and Bad News

Which do you want first?

Well, the good news is, my friend whose husband has a tumor in his neck found out that it's actually a cyst that formed around a nerve, and not Hodgkins Lymphoma. It's something he was born with, but wasn't discovered until recently when it grew more rapidly. Because it's been there for so long, scar tissue has formed around it which will complicate the surgery. There is a risk that he will be left with a raspy voice, lose feeling on the right side of his body, and I forgot what else she told me. She said he always wondered why the toes on his right foot go numb when he sneezes! LOL! He's scheduled for surgery on February 26.

The bad news... I just found out today another co-worker of mine discovered a tumor in her lung. She's having a biopsy done this Thursday. This woman (in her 60's) is a sweetheart. She also lost her husband when her son was very young, and took me out to dinner to talk. It helped sharing our stories with each other because we could relate to what each of us experienced. She gives me some hope that there may be a day when I can be happy again.

My mother's boyfriend has a malignant tumor between his heart and his lungs and had his first round of chemo yesterday.
My godmother, who had lymphoma, was just told she is completely free of cancer. However, she is dying of Scleroderma. It's causing her skin to tighten and her organs to shrink. Her lungs are shrinking, and it's making it difficult for her to breathe.
Maybe I should have given you the good news first? (And why won't Blogger let me put spaces between these paragraphs?!!)
Please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! Lots of good thoughts heading in your direction. I am so happy to see you writing again.

Tori said...

WOW- thats alot. I'm so glad your friend will be ok, but I'm really sad to hear about the others.

Honestly, I think when you hear great news, thats all you notice and the same with the bad. KWIM? Sort of like when you want to be pregnant or you are pregnant, you notice every.single.pregnant woman/man(lol, hope that made you smile) on the earth.

I cant say I know what you're dealing with but I realy sympathize with you honey and I know beyone a shadow of a doubt brighter days are ahead. Look at those babies of yours, there is some happiness in the world. Love you Andrea!

Megan said...

OMGoodness Andrea! So much sadness going around. Prayers for all of them, and you. Thank God that your "good news" friend doesn't have cancer. Prayers his surgery goes well.

Sarah said...

Oh man, so much illness. Hugs to them all.

Glad your friend got some good news though and I hope the surgery goes well!

eastmoormom said...

sometimes there is just no understanding it...eh?

post some pictures...b4 and after...seeing smiles on the kids 'after' might feel good and be encouraging...(not that i take my own advise..i'm a scrapbooker..and have same issues)

menu planning...gotta find the aldi one but check this lady out
www.hillbillyhousewife.com i've read her for years...though, not ever made my own sanitary napkins...NO LIE people do that??????