My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Get this!!!

The kids and I finished eating dinner, and I went to take Sydney out of her booster seat and noticed that her wet diaper leaked a bit, so I took off her clothes and diaper. She didn't want to put a clean diaper on, so I told her that if she doesn't want to wear a diaper, she's gonna have to go pee pee on the potty. I asked her if she wanted to try, and she gave me an enthusiastic "YES!"

I put the potty seat on the toilet and we hung out in the bathroom for a little while. Jacob came in to visit us and shortly after that, lo and behold, we heard trickling!!!! What an exciting moment in our house!! I'm so glad that Jacob witnessed it, too! I hadn't really thought much about potty training her yet, but opportunity presented itself and I seized it! Of course, I so wished Matt was there to see it - he'd have been so proud. Each of these big milestones with the kids is going to be bittersweet now.

I remember when Jacob went pee pee on the potty for the very first time, and he even pooped on the potty soon after that. Matt and I were so excited and we thought, "Wow - this potty training thing is WAY easier than we thought it would be!" It took another whole year before he did it again...

My little girlie girl is 21 months now, and I guess now is a good time as any to start introducing the potty to her. I hear girls catch on quicker with this stuff, so we shall see how this pans out!!

3 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

Way to go, Sydney!!

Kelly said...

Go Sydney! I hope she picks it up quick!

eastmoormom said...

how fun...i do think girls are easier..