My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Flowing Endorphins...

Matt's parents gave us their treadmill several years ago, and Matt used it all the time when he couldn't run outside. Come to think of it, he ran on the treadmill, ran outside, rode his bike, worked out, played hockey in winter, softball in summer... I never felt like I had the time to do any of that stuff myself. Now that he's not around, I'm somehow figuring out how to make the time.

I brought a bunch of the kids' toys in the basement and got on the treadmill. While they played, I did a mile and a half at a good pace, and plan to do it again either once a day or once every other day. Eventually, I'll work my way up to 3 miles, then start increasing my pace. I'm training for this 5K, and it feels good to get my blood flowing. I'm going to start upper body exercises, too. Funny how I can't cry and exercise at the same time, so I think I'll keep it up! (And I'll try to forget that it's 3 months today.)

No comments: