My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Facebook (or One Step Forward...)

I have had a Facebook account for quite some time now, and ever since Matt's death, I've gotten so many sweet messages from people offering me hugs and prayers throughout this ordeal.

The other day I decided I should probably edit my profile on there to read, "Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death in November of 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (4) and Sydney (1)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me."

I figured it was time to update (one step foward, I guess). However, when you update your profile, it also gives you the option to make other updates - such as relationship status. I had my 'relationship status' hidden, so when I updated it from 'married' to 'blank,' I really didn't expect it to make it known. Well, of course, the update posted for everyone to read, "Andrea is no longer listed as married."

I really didn't expect that to show up, or the flurry of responses that ensued. Oops.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

HUGS sweetie!!!

Cammie said...

another hug from me too.....

Megan said...

(((HUGS)))

That's one thing I don't like about Facebook. It shows every.thing.you.do.

Tracey said...

You are so strong, Andrea! Continued prayers for you and your family.