My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cleanliness is next to Godliness

Yesterday afternoon was a balmy 42 degrees outside, so the kids and I made the most of it by washing the van. I'm embarassed to admit that it hadn't been washed since December, except for the power washing it got from Mother Nature a week or so ago with the high winds and rain/snow mix. It was so nice to be outside and get some fresh air...

Matt was always very particular about the cleanliness of the vehicles. They got washed on a regular basis, waxed, armor-alled and rain-xed. The interior would also get a good cleaning. I couldn't help but think of him the entire time I washed the van, and in the back of my mind, hoped that I was doing it half as good as he always did. However, I didn't wax or armor-all, just washed, and rain-xed the windows. Still, the outside of the van looks great - just don't look at the inside.

After the kids went to bed, I went to Matt's other domain - the garage. There were piles of cardboard that needed broken up and stacked for recycling, wood from the old desk that was in the office (now playroom), empty boxes and packing material, etc... It was a mess. I got that all cleaned up as well.

Tonight's project is designating an area in the basement for my sister's stuff, possibly making some space for her in the closet (give me strength), and getting rid of all the piles of crap in my bedroom from the old office.

Do you think we can negotiate to have 30 hours in a day instead of 24???

1 comment:

Cammie said...

I also feel like I need some extra hours in the day.....sadly it is not so I can be productive but so I can catch up on DVR stuff.