My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Friday, February 27, 2009

Bruce

My friend Jeff and his family are die-hard Bruce Springsteen fans, and even quote Bruce's lyrics like they're verses from the Bible. It's to the point that it feels sacrilegious to change the station if a Springsteen song is playing. As a result, I've developed a greater appreciation for his music.

Now when I hear Bruce, I want to cry. It rips me up inside to think of what Jeff is going through right now, and what he has yet to endure.

Last night, I dug out the card he gave me when Matt died and read his two page message again. Ironically, I could read it right back to him, and have nearly very word apply to his situation.

It's selfish of me to feel this way, but I'm so pissed that not only has my husband been taken away from me, but my good friend who I talked to daily has as well. At least there's some hope Jeff can come back, but for now, I'm without either one. I told you it was selfish...