My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Jacob gets it.

He totally understands that Daddy is not coming back. There have been several little confirmations of this, but one in particular was pretty painful... We were in AZ at my IL's house, and Ginny had said something to her other grandson, Jeffrey, about when his dad gets home. Jacob thought she was talking to him and he said to her, "But Gramma, Daddy's dead!" All I could do was correct him that Gramma was talking to Jeffrey about Uncle Jeff.

Another time, Jacob said, "It's gonna be Mommy and Jacob riding bikes in town now."
"Yes, it is, my Little Love" I told him. I've got some big shoes to fill.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Sweet Jacob. (((hugs))) for him.

jeana said...

oh HUGS to your sweet little boy

Anglea said...

Oh Andrea! I'm so sorry that you have to hear those kinds of things from your little guy. You are handling it very well, though. (((HUGS)))