My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Eternal Note to My Husband

My Love,
Sorry for the cheesy paper, but I wanted you to have this note. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, and you gave me the BEST 10 years of my life. You also gave me your two beautiful children and I am forever grateful for your love. We have such big love that surpasses time and space, and I will carry it with me always, and will share it with our children. I will do my very best to make you proud with how I raise our children, and with all that I do. You are and always will be my hero, and I promise that our children will know that, and that they know who you are. I have been so incredibly blessed to have been your wife and friend, and anyone whose lives you've touched is blessed as well. You will live on forever in our hearts, and I hope you know that I will always love you - you are the LOVE OF MY LIFE. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything. I will see you again someday, My Love.
Yours Always,
Andrea
XOXOX

17 comments:

Kelly Syferd said...

Such a beautiful note, Andrea. You will forever be in my prayers. xoxo

Melissa said...

Beautiful and so precious.

Praying for you...
Melissa

Cammie said...

That is beautiful Andrea. Many prayers for you and your family.
Cammie

Cara said...

You are amazing, Andrea.
Much love & prayers for you.

jennyweenz said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Lots of love. xxo

Diana said...

Love like yours transcends time and space. You are right. It is eternal.

Lauren said...

How incredibly strong you are, Andrea. Much love to you and Jacob and Sydney. You're all in my prayers.

melissa said...

Such a lovely tribute to your husband. Continued prayers for your family.

Amy Lemaniak said...

Perfectly written, Andrea. You are forever in my thoughts and prayers.

The Richards Family said...

Awesome Andrea just AWESOME!!
WE LOVE YOU

Sarah said...

Perfect. A beutiful note. Prayers & (((hugs)))

Megan said...

So beautiful. You will be in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

matt_in_the_los_angeles said...

our thoughts are with you and your family.

matt and madeline.

cara said...

Andrea,
I am amazed at your strength. I am so proud of you. Your note is beautiful. Many continued prayers for you, Jacob & Sydney.

Carol Anne said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your children. You are an amazing person, Andrea. And you are setting such a wonderful example for your kids. May you find peace and strength in the arms of those who love you, both near and far.

Anonymous said...

i dont know you but i stumbled across your blog tonight & have been stuck on it for about an hour. im not a widow im not even a wife or mother yet. when i was 19 i tragically lost my first love, 9 months later we tragically lost my 28 yr old brother. You can probably understand but ever since my grief began 5 years ago, i have an almost magnetism to people who share similar pain. As i read your blog tonight i lay next to my boyfriend sleeping in bed, and i weep. i weep for the loss i felt 5 years ago and i weep for the fear of ever hurting as bad as you. Andrea i am so sorry life isn't fair. But know that your story just made one perfect stranger remember my loss in a way i needed to be grateful for the man sleeping right next to me. you are right the pain will never go away,in life there is nothing greater than love. . . .

Anonymous said...

i dont know you but i stumbled across your blog tonight & have been stuck on it for about an hour. im not a widow im not even a wife or mother yet. when i was 19 i tragically lost my first love, 9 months later we tragically lost my 28 yr old brother. You can probably understand but ever since my grief began 5 years ago, i have an almost magnetism to people who share similar pain. As i read your blog tonight i lay next to my boyfriend sleeping in bed, and i weep. i weep for the loss i felt 5 years ago and i weep for the fear of ever hurting as bad as you. Andrea i am so sorry life isn't fair. But know that your story just made one perfect stranger remember my loss in a way i needed to be grateful for the man sleeping right next to me. you are right the pain will never go away,in life there is nothing greater than love. . . .