My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas Already?!

Monday morning (11/10/08), Jacob woke up, took one look outside and said, "IT'S CHRISTMAS, MOMMY!!!" Everything had a light layer of white on it - I have to admit, it did look beautiful, but not quite as beautiful as the light in my little boy's eyes. I hated to burst his bubble and explain to him that it wasn't Christmas, but I did my best, explaining that Christmas is Jesus' birthday, and that His birthday wasn't until December 25. I don't think he quite understood, because later that morning, he asked Daddy why Santa didn't come. What a disappointment for him, but he sure gave his parents a good laugh!
That was the first real snowfall of the season... not bad for the 2nd week of November!
Everyone in our household has been sick on and off for a good month now - I'm starting to think I'd better wash every surface with bleach or lysol or something to disinfect the house- it's starting to get to me. About a month ago, Jacob had an upper respiratory infection that required antibiotics, and at one point, the poor kid said to me (between coughing jags), "I can't take it, Mommy. I can't take the choking." Talk about breaking your heart.

Jacob gave me another good laugh later that day when we were on our way home from Target and the song In the Ayer from Flo Rida was on the radio and we were rocking out (well, Mommy was rocking out) but then after we got home and I turned the van off, the split second of silence was followed by my little boy singing, "throw my hands in the ayer - ay ay ay ayer" - and he sounded great! Later that evening, he helped me assemble the toy organizer shelves - he loves doing that kind of stuff. He's got great hand/eye coordination or manual dexterity or whatever you want to call it. For a four year old, he's pretty darned good! He even enjoyed organizing his train stuff in the bins of the shelves- I think he gets it from his mommy... =)

No comments: