My photo
Matt and I were together for 10 wonderful years - met in 1998, married in 2002, until his untimely death on November 15, 2008. We have two beautiful, healthy children - Jacob (born 5/04) and Sydney (born 5/07)... the most precious gifts he could have ever given me.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life.

Happy Birthday to me! My wonderful husband (who is finally starting to get it!) had Jacob come in and wish me Happy Birthday, and I got birthday kisses from Sydney - what a great way to start the day!

35 should be interesting... I'm expecting a call today from my doc with results from the myriad of tests I had done on Friday for hyperthyroidism, vitamin D deficiency... I'm actually hoping it's hyperthyroidism so I can avoid further tests and just take some medicine to feel better. Other than that, I have to say I don't feel a day over 25!

I named the blog Always Remember - not only for my bad memory, but because in keeping consistent with my desire to remain positive, I named it that instead of the negative alternatives of "Don't Forget" or "Never Forget."

Today is my mother's birthday, too - 69 years old... We had a surprise party for her at Sgt. Pepperoni's on Saturday, and Michelle, Dan, Michael, and his girlfriend Mwenya drove out, along with Mrs. Schueler, Mom's boyfriend Ron, Matt and the kids. It was actually kind of fun! (I'm sure the 2 beers I had helped w/that, too...)

No comments: